Thursday, September 27, 2007

quest 6....Part 2

Technorati. Need I say more? Yeah, I thought so....

First I took a look at Technorati's Advanced Search and tried doing a search for “Library 2.0” in Keyword Search. The results were all different. Keyword Search pulled up many hits but only if they included the word library or 2.0 . It didn't matter if it was really about Library 2.0 only that it had those words. One article that pulled up was
Essex Police send electronic case file details... which had nothing at all to do with Library 2.0.

Next was the Tag Search and that brought up every blog, video, post and photo with those words. But the difference I noticed was that the hits actually seemed relevant. I think it's because the writer/poster/photographer/etc. can actually choose what searches they want it to come up for since they are using their own tags.

In the Blog Directory it pulls up only blogs that contain Library 2.0 and the results seem relevant.

I've perused the popular blogs and blog searches and every so often you might come across something relevant, but overall I didn't find it much fun.

Overall I don't really care for Technorati. I don't think I will be using it, but you never know until you have a need.

No comments: