Thursday, August 23, 2007

Quest 4...RSS feeds

This is what I've been looking forward to; learning about RSS & newsreaders. I started by viewing the discovery resources: Feed Me: A gentle introduction to Internet feeds and Using Bloglines Tutorial (how to keep up with dozens of blogs everyday) , and I found both very helpful. Then I created my bloglines account http://www.bloglines.com/public/librarygirlsckaty.

All I have to say is Wow! This thing is neat! It's kinda like a personal e-mail /favorites list all rolled into one. The best thing is you can access it from any computer easily. Another feature that I like is that it gives you a title and a blurb so you know whether or not your interested in that one or not and can move on through the others. I checked out the other feed search tools just so I could see their format differences and I think I'm more fond of the Feedster site. I think it's great you can do a search on a subject and it will keep track of ALL of them for you!

This is definitely something I will use. Once I started adding feeds it was hard to stop. By time I got to 22 is when I started playing with the Folders feature to organize them. Since I had so many feeds I would find things that I wanted to come back to later and that's when I started playing with the clipping feature. I've found Bloglines to be extremely user friendly. The hardest thing was getting my public bloglines URL!

1 comment:

tkwagner said...

You should also try Google Reader. I have found it to be more awesome than Bloglines. Hope you are having fun tech trekking it!