Friday, October 12, 2007

Quest 9...... Wiki....Wiki

"What did you find interesting? What types of applications within libraries might work well with a wiki?"
For the discovery exercise I viewed the Book Lovers Wiki and the Library Success: A best practices wiki.
The Book Lovers Wiki was a great idea of the Princeton Public Library inspired by their summer reading program. The participants got to post reviews of the books they read. I think that it is a worthy idea to use as one element of our summer reading program. Classes on Wikis could be offered by TLC as an introduction and it could be utilized by the adult and teen reading programs.
Library Success: A best practices wiki is a good example of a professional networking tool. A good way for Librarians and their fellow assistants to share ideas and experiences relevant to the advancement of Libraries.
Personally I do not see myself using Wikis as of present. It's good to know this resource is out there if I ever do.

No comments: